Become a SUP INSTRUCTOR Who Puts fun & safety first!
We offer SUP Instructor Certification through the Professional Stand Up Paddle Association (PSUPA), an internationally recognized program that is beneficial for both independent SUP instructors as well as recreational business owners who offer SUP instruction and rentals.
Who can benefit from instructor training and certification?
- retail shop staff
- rental company staff
- hotel and resort staff offering SUP
- Municipal Parks and Recreation staff
- fitness professionals
- anyone who aspires to improve the skills necessary to SUP with confidence in all environments!
PSUPA Flatwater Level 1 SUP Instructor Certification – This course covers the skills needed to teach both a 1 and 2 hour basic SUP class confidently and safely. The curriculum includes the PSUPA Water Safety Course and covers the basics of how to start a SUP business, but is also adaptable to clients specialized needs. Certification is awarded upon completing the course, passing all tests, and achieving a satisfactory evaluation.
Certified students receive a 90 page PSUPA Instructor’s Manual with relevant resources, a business listing on the PSUPA site and access to our members only Facebook page to network with other instructors. More details on the PSUPA website.
Lake Powell - SUP Instructor Training:
Rocky Mountain SUP Instructor Trainings:
- Level 1 Flatwater Fri- Sun April 27- 29
- + RiverSUP Mon- Tues April 30 - May 1
- + SUP yoga Wed-Thurs May 2-3
- Location: Near Glenwood Springs, CO.
- SIGN UP NOW!
Contact us to sign up &/or schedule a custom training for your business!
Questions? 970.315.2244. email@example.com
Founder & Owner of Shaboomee, Shaine Ebrahimi started paddle boarding on the Colorado and Roaring Fork rivers in 2009, and has since taught hundreds of people how to stand up paddle board on rivers & lakes nationwide.
Trained & Certified in SUP instruction through PSUPA, the American Canoe Assosciation (ACA), Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI), and the World Paddle Association(WPA), Shaine loves to share his passion for the sport and assist paddlers in learning how to teach paddle boarding with safety and fun as his highest priorities! He is also trained in SUP yoga & fitness by H2yo, Paddle Into Fitness, & Nikki Gregg. As needed, his partner Mary Sundblom (same trainings) will assist in SUP teaching instruction.
Course Duration: 2-3 days
Class size: 3-12 people
- 3 day (preferred): $400
- 2- 2.5 day: $400
- RiverSUP* & SUPyoga*: $250 each as add on to PSUPA Flat Water Level 1. $350 per course as independent trainings.*Must be a certified Flat Water instructor by PSUPA, ASI, or ACA or demonstrate necceary skills to receive certification.
- Extensive SUP experience required for 2-2.5 day trainings. Minimum enrollment of 3.
PSUPA Annual Membership Fee: $75 per person. Required prior to course. Includes member benefits & FB member page.
Equipment Rentals Available: $39 daily per person. Includes board, paddle, PFD, leash. Additional personal warmth gear rentals (drysuit, wetsuits, booties, gloves, hoods, etc.) may be available -subject to sizing and availability. Please contact us for details.
Need custom dates? We are happy to schedule a training that fits with your schedule. We offer scheduling flexibility if you are unable to schedule this course on listed dates. Discounts may apply if you provide classroom space & permitted water location.
Requirements to Attend:
- PSUPA membership. Sign up here: www.psupa.com.
- Know basic SUP paddling techniques and directional control. This is not a course for beginners.
- Have current hands-on (i.e., not Internet-based) First Aid/CPR certification – or – Wilderness First Aid (with CPR) or Lifeguard Training certification.
- Be in good physical shape, and able to swim 200 yards and to lift and carry all equipment.
Who This Course is Not For:
- You’re seeking a quicky rubber stamp certification.
- You’re not willing to work hard during the course.
- Price is more important than class quality.
- Beginners. You should have solid SUP skills.
Need Training but not Certification?
If you or your recreational staff don’t require instructor certification, but would like instructor training, we are happy to customize our SUP Instructor training program to fit your needs. We cater to your needs and and include water safety & rescue, teaching concepts, paddle technique, equipment, and/ or SUP business consulting or your business or recreational center.
Questions? Please contact us to inquire about
Non-Certified SUP Staff/Instructor Training fees.
Call 970.315.2244. email: firstname.lastname@example.org